Miguel Fernández has a MSc in Geography from the University of Seville. Over the past 14 years he has developed his career working in research institutions such as the CSIC (Spanish Center for Advanced Research), the University of Seville and the Andalucian Agency of Environment and Water, participating in numerous research and territorial planning projects.
Both in his work as a researcher and in his activities in the enterprise (both public and private sectors), his work has been focused on technical assistance, GIS consulting and analysis, integrating multidisciplinary teams or as a freelance.
His activities cover the following topics:
- Soil studies for the development of a digital Soil Atlas of Andalusia.
- GIS applied to trade in the city of Seville.
- Development of information subsystem of the coast of Andalusia.
- Generation of indicators for monitoring the coastal environment.
- Studies of habitats of Community interest for the development of management plans for natural areas.
- Development of a cartographic tool assisting waste management in the Andalusian industrial spaces.